Sunday, February 17, 2013

Big Boy!!!

Friday night we decided to try to put Jack to bed in his crib. He has been sleeping in the Fisher Price Rock and Play Sleeper for 9 weeks now. I thought since I go back to work in 2 weeks :( we should start getting him used to his crib. So Friday night, around 9:15 I feed Jack his bottle, swaddled him and put him in his crib. All by himself in that huge crib!!! He looked so small in there. I turned his nursery rhyme sound machine on, which is awesome because it projects a picture on the ceiling (Thanks Libby!), and cracked the door. I brought the monitor downstairs to watch him while I watched Say Yes to the Dress and blogged.
 I was sure I would have to go get him in 5 minutes. Nope! There were a few fusses but he slept in his crib until 2:30am!!! I gave him another bottle, swaddled, and put him back in his crib. He slept until 6:30!! I was so proud of him. Needless to say, Mommy did not sleep. I watched his monitor and Friends until about 1:30 am. But Mister woke up as happy as can be!!! He was ready to watch his Uncle Reedy on Gametracker! Go Hoos!


Last night we tried the crib again. We read some books (Elmo's Valentine, Moo Baa, La La La and Brown Bear) fed him, swaddled him, and put him in his crib around 10pm. He talked to himself until about 10:30 and slept until 5:30am!!!! I'd say we're off to a pretty good start. 

Mommy's a little sad not to have him right beside the bed; but I guess he can't sleep next to my bed forever!


1 comment:

  1. What a big boy for sure!! It is hard but it is going to make your life so much easier going back to school!!!! So proud of you guys! xoxo

    ReplyDelete