Friday, February 8, 2013

BFFs? Not quite yet...

I've been thinking about blogging for some time now. I love reading DYI blogs, blogs about babies, blogs about fashion, hair, homes, etc. I have plenty of friends who blog, so I thought why not. Now that I have a new baby, I thought it would be a great way to document many of the moments that so many people tell me I will forget. I'm always hearing "write it down or you'll forget." Now that I have "Baby Brain" I know it's totally true. I can't even remember what I ate for lunch. 

Why the title "A Beagle and A Little Baby"? Well for 5 wonderful years this sweet face has been our baby. 


Meet Mollie!!! She's our sweet 5 year old beagle. For years she's been our little "Mollie Girl." We treat her like our child.  She has quite the personality. She loves to snuggle under a blanket, take walks, eat treats, and try to eat your food. She eats dinner promptly at 3pm. She sleeps in the bed with us, under the covers. I know a bad habit, but when she was a 4lb puppy crying in her crate, all I could do was snuggle her in our bed.  Her favorite thing to do is to lay on top of our love seat and bark at ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that goes near our house. She was quite content until....


We rocked her world with the addition of this sweet face. 

This is Jack!!! The "Baby" of "A Beagle and A Little Baby." We welcomed Sweet Baby Jack on December 14th. He has been the best thing that has happened to us. He is the sweetest little boy and the cutest, if I do say so myself! When we brought Jack home from the hospital, I was expecting this instant/protecting bond between him and Mollie. Well that didn't happen. And still hasn't. She does like Jack. She does check on him every now and then and does bark if he cries, but that's about it. She pretty much hangs out in her spot by the window all day. We still cuddle her and give her treats and she still sleeps with us. Earlier this week we put Jack in his crib for one of his naps. Of course that lasted all of 5 minutes. But to our surprise, who was laying outside his door??? Sweet Mollie. :) Yay, we're coming along. I know pretty soon they'll be BFFs!!









No comments:

Post a Comment